Pro-Ject Essential II Turntable with Ortofon OM5e Cartridge
Sometimes, you don't need frills. You don't need all the bells and whistles. It's not about flashy designs, unnecessary innovations or reinventing the wheel. Sometimes, you just need the essentials, done right.
Our first Essential turntable was released just for this purpose. It was the 'everything you need, nothing you don't' turntable. And now we've updated it for even easier use and better performance with the Pro-Ject Essential II.
It utilises a quiet-running synchronous motor with a silicone belt to drive its low-resonance MDF platter. Upgraded from its predecessor, the Essential II features a DC power supply that effectively minimises vibration and an upgraded pivot design for better balance. The main platter bearing consists of a stainless steel spindle and bronze brushing, with a Teflon bottom to secure low friction.
As we've said, the Essential II doesn't aim to reinvent the wheel, but it does provide what is necessary to enjoy your vinyl at an excellent quality, with ease, for a reasonable price. With a long list of features, great build quality and high fidelity sound, it's the best budget turntable for any listener.
- Main platter made from stiff, lightweight particle board
- Belt drive with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor
- Integrated motor control with DC power supply for silent running
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel with Teflon bottom
- 8.6” aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Pre-mounted gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Upgraded feet for effective decoupling
We Also Recommend